Allow kickvote

Allow kickvote?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should we proceed with the idea of allowing level 2-5 players to use kickvote option?

Hey.

It seems that someone is bullying people in ETL1 and ETL2 servers while TM tagged community members are not online and makes playing a living hell. Also for great pun - that someone is using also other players names.

That someone can be one or multiple person - dont know at this point.

My suggestion is pretty simple and basic (but needs a script to be written) - give people in server right to use kickvote option.

To keep it civil and organised, it also needs some terms. My best suggestion is:

1. allow to start the kicvote from level 2 and up. vote can be initiated only against serverlevel 0 and 1 players.
  2. needs at least 51% of active people in server to vote. if specs could be included and allowed initiate and to vote - even better.
  3. needs at least  51% of voted people to vote "yes" for the kick to be happen
  4. person who will be kicked, will get X amount of cooldown from server (similar to current cooldown for too many sk)
  5. one person can only initiate one vote per map
  6. vote starters are logged and they should be informed that starting those kickvotes for any other reason than to kick the cheater might cause some consequences (we dont want people to start voting out random panzer or mortar or objective player)
  7. before kickvote or during kickvote - post about it should be made in discord (can make separate channel for it if needed

This suggestion is made to allow kickvote to take place ONLY to kick out blatant namestealer/aimbot (or whatever cheat) user.

Points 1,2 and 3 are very open to discussion.

TM Members (serverlevel 6 and above) should have the kick or at least 3x !warn -> kick option.
This change would be trial based and limited time.

C#

Edited by Ctrz
Any participation, even in the smallest public function, is useful.
  • Like 6

In general, I agree. ( Afterall its a trial, and we can always go back )

We can add a comment they have to fill in why they call the vote.

I rather see it from level 3 and higher

And we can advertise : You have more options as from level 3, like you can call Vote : Kick ( Only do it with valide reason )

When we see people abusing this vote option, players will get set back to level 2

• Like 8

Given the idiot on the server cheating atm I would say yes. He looks like the kind of no life basement dweller that will keep it up, not the usual that give up after a little time.

I feel like level 2 is too low to give it to but idk people on the server. We need to keep on top of people who abuse this though. Make some kind of post about the changes but not why (don't want to give the cheater attention), and the consequences on abusing it. Instant removal of level and no chance to regain it or something.

EDIT/ Thought this was in members only :D

Edited by Charlie
  • Like 1

They all should, if they can't handle it they shouldn't be that level.

Kickvote is harder to have it passed because only people on same team can vote, the dude is constantly changing teams and names, people won't know how to do /callvote <playerID> and the wrong player will be kicked, you have to write a brand new log system to control who calls a vote when....

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, _Ler said:

They all should, if they can't handle it they shouldn't be that level.

Kickvote is harder to have it passed because only people on same team can vote, the dude is constantly changing teams and names, people won't know how to do /callvote <playerID> and the wrong player will be kicked, you have to write a brand new log system to control who calls a vote when....

I have suggested !gib command to be handed out. But will see what will be decided.

Kickvote works anonymously, so it can be (or rather certanly will be ) abused. Experience tells me that many players will simply press F1 or F2 without really looking into what vote is about,

Additionally, I agree with Charlie that lvl 2 may be a bit too low to call such important votes. However, the problem exists and we must react.

Besides, low level admins still have such useful and powerful (if used propelry) commands as !gib or !freeze. So, why not to give some "powers" to low level members whose actions can be followed and controlled instead of relying on anynymous votes?

If you want to solve this problem, then instead of debating it for weeks you should make decisions so he can't continue to be a menace. Any decision you do regarding giving more access to people, is in the right direction so don't be afraid to do it. And it is reversible so there really is no risk at all. Just remove peoples levels if they can't behave. It is still better than letting him roam free on the server.

I suggest you give the kick, gib, freeze etc. to every TM member. To level 5 you could give the freeze and gib. And when this problem stops being a problem, reverse it back.

• Like 4

I’d rather give kick to TM friends (lvl5) as they are trustfull and no kids. Just need to tell them to kick by slot, not by name or there will be colatorals on innocent peeps.

Freeze command currently being bugged (freeze doesn’t last if getting killed), it’s not an efficient option.

2 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

If you want to solve this problem, then instead of debating it for weeks you should make decisions so he can't continue to be a menace. Any decision you do regarding giving more access to people, is in the right direction so don't be afraid to do it. And it is reversible so there really is no risk at all. Just remove peoples levels if they can't behave. It is still better than letting him roam free on the server.

I suggest you give the kick, gib, freeze etc. to every TM member. To level 5 you could give the freeze and gib. And when this problem stops being a problem, reverse it back.

Agreed, let’s act now and eventually reverse when problem is gone. Cannot wait for days/weeks before reacting.

• Like 1

Depends how widely is set...  It doesnt seem nice when players form level 2 and higher example can suddenly open vote example kick the admins which are online and then wait how many will press F1.. I mean if vote kick call goes under nearly all levels.. then better make it so that TeamMuppets clan members and admins are not under that vote list then.. I mean that some guys who has example level 2 doesnt start then try to continously open vote that kick admins out... That atleast our clan members and staff of clan are then under immunity from those votes..   Its almost same like most of levels are out of immunity from accidetal kill complain against vote.. That when player jumps  by beeing evil in front of firing line and gets killed by higher TM and then always press F1 and that means that then those guys are out quite soon..  That option has immunity option too.. But I cant stand why it havent set to levels 8 and up.. Because some players keep sitting on button F1 was it how accident or how sorry ever.. And it makes player sometimes them seeing disconnecting between maps why if there has been player sitting button F1 and giving complains to everyone from his team who kills him/her.. Doesnt matter was it even level 13 player who shot him/her or not..

I mean just idea might be good but think "immunity area in levels" from call kick votes and players from giving complain if get TK'ed accidentally.. Just sayin..

I think I have said it before somewhere idk quite sure where.. But now when the idea raised up again I think better type it again.. Maybe useless but writed..

Mini added callvote to server.

All active members(exept our trial) is atleast lvl8 with kick command.If not,ask for it on server.

Freeze will be added tomorrow morning to lvl 5s.Player will be unfrozen if killed  so best is to freeze on spawn.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

Imo gib would be better than freeze. Freeze will cause people to kill him and his complaints will get them kicked eventually.

Plus gibbing is manageable even while playing - just spam it at spawntimes.

I agree with this. Last time the hacker started to position himself at doorway before getting frozen to block the path.

So in that regard, I'd prefer hacker to be gibbed with a long spawntimer.

Edited by Nanaa