Jump to content
Boosted

Hide & Seek Event upcoming!

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys and Girls, its about Time you Hide...or search?

Well we will see!

Join us on our Event Server and find out what you are made for :D

Date and Time: 23.02.2020  7 PM CET

IP: 37.187.79.49:27970

 

Hope to see you there!

poster_feb_event.png

Thanks to 0wnix for the Artwork :D

Edited by Boosted
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can it be set up in a way, that it really is HIDE and SEEK not ESCAPE and CHASE? :)  It sometimes is defined not by hiding or seeking skill but how fast you are ingame. :) Maybe if possible - make guns kill with few shots but bodies not so easy to gib (or some rule about gibs so there could be some chance to revive but it shouldnt be too easy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ctrz said:

Can it be set up in a way, that it really is HIDE and SEEK not ESCAPE and CHASE? :)  It sometimes is defined not by hiding or seeking skill but how fast you are ingame. :) Maybe if possible - make guns kill with few shots but bodies not so easy to gib (or some rule about gibs so there could be some chance to revive but it shouldnt be too easy).

Doesnt sound like a bad Idea, ill see what can be done.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 1:38 AM, Eagle_cz said:

CET = central european time, CEST - 1 or GMT + 1 or UTC + 1 ;) heh, time is relative here ;)

 

set event3 "set event vstr event4; say !!! . . . . 19:00 CET ( UK ) . . . . !!!"
set event5 "set event vstr event6; say !!! . 20:00 ( NL, BE, GER, FR, PL ). !!!"
set event6 "set event vstr event7; say !!! . . . . 21:00 Ande ( Fin ) . . . !!!"  :) 
 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jessica said:

 

set event3 "set event vstr event4; say !!! . . . . 19:00 CET ( UK ) . . . . !!!"
set event5 "set event vstr event6; say !!! . 20:00 ( NL, BE, GER, FR, PL ). !!!"
set event6 "set event vstr event7; say !!! . . . . 21:00 Ande ( Fin ) . . . !!!"  :) 
 

According to Google 7PM CET is 18:00 in UK, 19:00 in NL/BE/GER/FR/PL and 20:00 in FIN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 5:56 AM, 0wN1x said:

According to Google 7PM CET is 18:00 in UK, 19:00 in NL/BE/GER/FR/PL and 20:00 in FIN.

True, stuid summer / winter time :(

 

So, do we want the time : 7PM CET is 18:00 in UK, 19:00 in NL/BE/GER/FR/PL and 20:00 in FIN. ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jessica said:

True, stuid summer / winter time :(

 

So, do we want the time : 7PM CET is 18:00 in UK, 19:00 in NL/BE/GER/FR/PL and 20:00 in FIN. ?

 

6PM CET is better. Otherwise me and Ande start figuring out what we have to do but its already 12pm here :/ 

Edited by Ctrz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6PM CET is when most of Europe is having dinner. Maybe 8PM CET is better. Everyone is finished with their dinner by then, including players from the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, a masterpiece by @0wN1x ! Well done m8!

Edited by Dmxj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 0wN1x said:

6PM CET is when most of Europe is having dinner. Maybe 8PM CET is better. Everyone is finished with their dinner by then, including players from the UK.

Well thats the thing. How early can we start so everyone would have some time to have fun. 8PM CET is 9PM for people in my timezone (estonians, finns etc) and its sunday evening also .. 

Would be nice option to start bit earlier and everyone can join in when they are ready. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on a Hide and Seek Event a good half year ago, while it looked fun I did not fully understood the rules so I just hide myself and didn't dare to do anything else in case i broke the rules:mda:
I want to join again, but this time around I want to be prepared..

  • Where do I find the rules for H&S Events?
  • Is it absolutely necessary to have mic. or would it be OK just to listen in? (I don't have mic at the moment) 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Arno said:
  • Where do I find the rules for H&S Events?
  • Is it absolutely necessary to have mic. or would it be OK just to listen in? (I don't have mic at the moment) 

Rules are simple. Two teams hiders and seekers. Hiders mission is to not be killed when time is up and seekers mission is to kill all hiders before time is up. You can hide to increase your chances to survive or just run fast. You have knife to protect yourself, syringe to heal other hiders who have been shot but not gibbed and medpacks to heal yourself. Once you are killed and gibbed you become seeker. Seeker has pistol with unlimited amount of bullets (but still needs to reload) and can respawn again if killed by hider or dead by falling/drowning etc. Any questions?

To listen voice chat is 25% of the fun. Talking is the other 75% as you can taunt seekers or talk with other hiders. If you have any chance to buy even some potato-mic (5€ microphone from regular shop) it usually does the trick if your background noise is not thunderloud.

It helps to look maps before as they are bit different from regular maps as some doors are not blocked off for example. Also practising some pistol shooting and fast jumping/running helps.  :)

Hope to see you there.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

Rules are simple. Two teams hiders and seekers. Hiders mission is to not be killed when time is up and seekers mission is to kill all hiders before time is up. You can hide to increase your chances to survive or just run fast. You have knife to protect yourself, syringe to heal other hiders who have been shot but not gibbed and medpacks to heal yourself. Once you are killed and gibbed you become seeker. Seeker has pistol with unlimited amount of bullets (but still needs to reload) and can respawn again if killed by hider or dead by falling/drowning etc. Any questions?

To listen voice chat is 25% of the fun. Talking is the other 75% as you can taunt seekers or talk with other hiders. If you have any chance to buy even some potato-mic (5€ microphone from regular shop) it usually does the trick if your background noise is not thunderloud.

It helps to look maps before as they are bit different from regular maps as some doors are not blocked off for example. Also practising some pistol shooting and fast jumping/running helps.  :)

Hope to see you there.

 

Thanks a lot, sounds like a ton of fun.
So as I understand server setting are made so you can't do something wrong?
That was what i was afraid of last time where I didnt even was on Discord :D

I can easily go and get a mic or a headset and i guess I should.

I play on my custom workstation and it was never made/installed with sound and mic in mind and I have no mini jacks in the 19" Cabinet, so today i only have a Bose Soundlink Mini for sound via bluetooth.

Can anyone recommend anything with bluetooth or USB so I don't have to take the rack apart to get to the mini jacks on the back?
Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Arno said:

Thanks a lot, sounds like a ton of fun.
So as I understand server setting are made so you can't do something wrong?
That was what i was afraid of last time where I didnt even was on Discord :D

I can easily go and get a mic or a headset and i guess I should.

I play on my custom workstation and it was never made/installed with sound and mic in mind and I have no mini jacks in the 19" Cabinet, so today i only have a Bose Soundlink Mini for sound via bluetooth.

Can anyone recommend anything with bluetooth or USB so I don't have to take the rack apart to get to the mini jacks on the back?
Thanks in advance

I just had my ups and downs with bluetooth headphones. The audio will fall behind but I think ic would be ok. I think USB is bit better option for mic and there should be ton of them available.

If you have any mic+ headphones then this thing should also help you out. USB external sound card. I used one long time ago and worked well. Local stores should sell them or you can grab some via internet. :)

About server .. settings are there and dont think you can do anything wrong. :)  You can have fun also without discord but that just adds ton of fun IMHO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...