Legacy Suggestions

Alright so I got the impression we might have ignored or forgotten about the "flood" of suggestions that have come in recently regarding the server. I want to stress we want to change as little as possible as the server is working right now as it is. But if something is put to a vote then who am I to argue?

That said, help me to help you guys. Put everything in one place for me so it's all in one easy place for us to deal with if I have missed one out. I'm aware I've posted in some of these topics but my replies might have been lacking anything meaningful, and may not have been the final say. I'll bring all this to admins and we'll see what we can do and get back to everyone properly. Is there anything I have missed?

Full Server - Kick spec inactives. Second Legacy server + redirect. Inactivity cvar.

Shuffle Vote - Disable the shuffle vote after X time has passed

Clearer Rules - Clarify basic rules. Map specific rules highlighted.

Broken Bots - Bots do not attack or defend as intended. (Fixed)

Adrenaline - Add or remove adrenaline. (removed at the minute with level 4 medic removed)

We are having an issue or two with map scripts (Fuel dump CP spawn for example). (Fixed)

• Thanks 1

That's an accurate list of things I indeed hear people complain about. 

The three  things I noticed are:

Spawntime - Goldrush for example, seems to have such low spawn times that even though teams are in balance or Allies could even be a  stronger, they are yet hopeless in stealing the gold. Lately there are so many people playing that there is a constant flow of Axis enabling them to defend easily. This often results in a stalemate of Allies on the bridge and the small hallway near the truck, and Axis being spawn killed and camping the bank. All sorts of heated discussions as a consequence. So it is a combination of the map/number of players/ spawntime. We might need to fix something here.

Medics - Start with only 3 syringes, therefor often unable to revive or heal players. I have now created a bind saying "Sorry, no syringes left". Is this setting on purpose? Shouldn't we set in back to something like 9? An other consequence of this is medics charging ammo at ammo-stands, and those deplete quickly as you can get like 5 ammo crates in order to fully charge your syringes. 

And then there is these maps.  Fuel dump, Railgun and Battery seem to be server killers. Everytime one of those come up I see several people leave or go spec, sometimes even to come back after the round. Although the CP in Fuel dump might fix the problem?

Curious about what you think!

31 minutes ago, Mister J said:

Medics - Start with only 3 syringes, therefor often unable to revive or heal players. I have now created a bind saying "Sorry, no syringes left". Is this setting on purpose? Shouldn't we set in back to something like 9? An other consequence of this is medics charging ammo at ammo-stands, and those deplete quickly as you can get like 5 ammo crates in order to fully charge your syringes. 

I understand this to be a bug in the latest Legacy version. It is fixed if we remove level 4 medic but it's just what I've heard. Nothing else fixes apparently. Like you said, needles are replenished by ammo crates so I guess a field op has another job for now ;) 

Maybe someone else can inform us better.

7 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I understand this to be a bug in the latest Legacy version. It is fixed if we remove level 4 medic but it's just what I've heard. Nothing else fixes apparently. Like you said, needles are replenished by ammo crates so I guess a field op has another job for now ;) 

Maybe someone else can inform us better.

Indeed it is a mod related bug which was fixed for the 2.77 version of legacy and until that version of legacy is released,pretty much removing level 4 for medic fixes the issue temporary.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mister J said:

And then there is these maps.  Fuel dump, Railgun and Battery seem to be server killers. Everytime one of those come up I see several people leave or go spec, sometimes even to come back after the round. Although the CP in Fuel dump might fix the problem?

Battery sucks on allied side mostly because they can't blow up the side door like they can in a different version of the map and the only way to get in through side way is with a uniform but good luck getting one. Fuel Dump sucked for allies again mostly because the spawn at cp wasn't available. Railgun is really not Axis friendly that's all i can say about it

Edited by Rogan
  • Like 1

Fuel Dump, Battery, Railgun - all of these maps can only be a bit more playable with correct mapscripts.

1) Fueldump is already fixed as we found a working script for CP spawn. Another thing to fix on that map is the speed of the "mover", thats is the tank. It's achievable by setting the value of CVAR g_moverscale to 1.5, this basically makes the tank go faster = together with CP makes Fueldump a little bit more playable. I already spoke with Mini about that, she said she would do it in the near future, because it's gonna be really time-consuming (basically you're gonna have to manually put that CVAR in every mapconfig file in mapconfigs directory, which is a pain in the ass).

2) Battery, same deal, we should have a mapscript for destructible side door and optionally a ramp to go up to that mg-42 on 2nd stage allies attack. I can search for a mapscript some other day, because this week I'm a little bit busy. 

3) Railgun - mapscript with spawn for Axis in towers near 1st Axis spawn, you know what I mean? Achievable with correct mapscript too.

I agree on goldrush issue. Although goldrush is not the only map spoiled by short Axis spawn time. 

Syringes are already fixed for 2.77, it's a legacy 2.76 bug related to shared ammo of "normal" syringes with "adrenaline" syringes (in reality they are the same syringes). 

On 2/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, Charlie said:

Full Server - Kick spec inactives. Second Legacy server + redirect. Inactivity cvar.

I'd just add that if you want to put in the server cfg file g_spectatorinactivity CVAR then you have to consider adding shoutcaster password for members so that they don't get kicked when sitting on spec. EDIT: I just remembered that probably there's no shoutcaster support in legacy... I gotta check that.

Edited by Bystry

@Charlie

Extra's not "necessary"

• Colours of the command /mc -- /mr a bit more colourfull especially the /mr ones (blue) is rly difficult to read in the server
  • Wolfadmin text need an update colours better info etc
  • Welcome message when a "member/friend/highadmin" joins the server, make it more brightfull + put it in chatmessage not in the middle of the screen (dunno if this is legacymod based or not @Timothy)
  • Delete votes like comp & pub settings (guess it already done now)
  • Update all spawntimes of diffrent maps 
  • Change erdenberg_t2 ==> to t_1 (flag is down, spawn is still up) it's pretty impossible with those spawntimes + 15v15 to catch the flag. t1 version will make it a bit more playable
  • An extra map suggestion, these days grush is heavy to win on allies side because the teams are pretty stacked what is very nice but the spawntimes are not that good.  (goldrush_ga) is maybe a better map cause on the (GA version) there is an overload of ways to reach the gold and not only 1 way like it's now on the normal version

A good idea is also to striketrough the suggestions what the admins will change or did change already. So we all have an update whats already done.  EASY FOR ALL

Jens

Edited by Dmxj
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Colours of the command /mc -- /mr a bit more colourfull especially the /mr ones (blue) is rly difficult to read in the server

Your not the first to bring this up tbh about /mr at least. It's easy for some to read and not others due to brightness etc. Any suggestions are welcome but consider the colour should be different from any other colour we have. Can't be green, sky blue or yellow due to them being normal chat colours. Orange is admin chat's colour. Try to find a colour with a code. For example #cc00ff.

3 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Wolfadmin text need an update colours better info etc

Do you mean when you type /wolfadmin in console?

3 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Delete votes like comp & pub settings (guess it already done now)

These have been removed from the voting options. Thanks to @Bystry I believe.

3 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Update all spawntimes of diffrent maps 

Spawn times are currently broken and at a glance we don't see why. Something somewhere is conflicting. I don't think this will be fixed before the weekend at least. When our own times are back we can better discuss any changes people might want.

3 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Change erdenberg_t2 ==> to t_1 (flag is down, spawn is still up) it's pretty impossible with those spawntimes + 15v15 to catch the flag. t1 version will make it a bit more playable

@Matu What do you think? Erdenberg isn't really played so it's something to consider.

3 hours ago, Dmxj said:

An extra map suggestion, these days grush is heavy to win on allies side because the teams are pretty stacked what is very nice but the spawntimes are not that good.  (goldrush_ga) is maybe a better map cause on the (GA version) there is an overload of ways to reach the gold and not only 1 way like it's now on the normal version

Totally agree with you on Goldrush. It's been the same wherever I play it. I wanted to remove it ages it ago but Niki would have banned me heh. That said it's probably the second most popular map behind Oasis. Will people want it changed with GA when we already have SW version? 

3 hours ago, Dmxj said:

A good idea is also to striketrough the suggestions what the admins will change or did change already. So we all have an update whats already done.  EASY FOR ALL

My first post will be updated as we go ;) 

An extra map suggestion, these days grush is heavy to win on allies side because the teams are pretty stacked what is very nice but the spawntimes are not that good.  (goldrush_ga) is maybe a better map cause on the (GA version) there is an overload of ways to reach the gold and not only 1 way like it's now on the normal version

Totally agree with you on Goldrush. It's been the same wherever I play it. I wanted to remove it ages it ago but Niki would have banned me heh. That said it's probably the second most popular map behind Oasis. Will people want it changed with GA when we already have SW version? 

@Charlie SW is even a bigger problem with a stacked server like us,

1. The distance between gold and truck is to big
  2. Extra "heavy weopon" at tank nearby the axis spawn is to much in SW

So the normal version is way better in the public scene then the sw.

About the colours, i tried red or what u say pink guess this will help alot!

and yes it's a small grey message that pops up with /wolfadmin.

tnx for reply!

Consider to use default.cfg in "maps configs folder", this will be the default setting for every map i.e. "set g_moverscale 1.5"

The spawntime bug probably comes from a map which includes something like a scrip that override the server settings.

Happened to me with my server and one CTF map in the past. Ofc I cant be sure, maybe it is another issue.

45 minutes ago, Old-Owl said:

Consider to use default.cfg in "maps configs folder", this will be the default setting for every map i.e. "set g_moverscale 1.5"

That won't work because I think every map has its own ".cfg" file in the mapconfigs directory. So when f.e. fueldump comes, default_fueldump.cfg is loaded and the value of g_moverscale is set to 1.5, but it stays that way during the following maps, it doesn't reset. Default.cfg is loaded whenever there is no .cfg file in the mapconfigs directory.

45 minutes ago, Old-Owl said:

The spawntime bug probably comes from a map which includes something like a scrip that override the server settings.

Spawtime bug was triggered by voting for competition config which overode the standard TM legacy server spawntimes.

Edited by Bystry

1 hour ago, Dmxj said:

@Charlie SW is even a bigger problem with a stacked server like us,

1. The distance between gold and truck is to big
  2. Extra "heavy weopon" at tank nearby the axis spawn is to much in SW

So the normal version is way better in the public scene then the sw.

About the colours, i tried red or what u say pink guess this will help alot!

and yes it's a small grey message that pops up with /wolfadmin.

tnx for reply!

Do guests leave us when leave goldrush out for some time..? Or maybe GA version is really better (is it the one with upper entrance and balcony in gold room?).

C#

15 minutes ago, Bystry said:

That won't work because I think every map has its own ".cfg" file in the mapconfigs directory. So when f.e. fueldump comes, default_fueldump.cfg is loaded and the value of g_moverscale is set to 1.5, but it stays that way during the following maps, it doesn't reset. Default.cfg is loaded whenever there is no .cfg file in the mapconfigs directory. 

This is wrong, because first the server load "default.cfg" then after eventually if present, the custom map cfg. Have you tried this way already?

50 minutes ago, Old-Owl said:

This is wrong, because first the server load "default.cfg" then after eventually if present, the custom map cfg. Have you tried this way already?

Hmmm, yeah, actually you may be right: https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/wiki/List_of_cvars, g_mapconfigs CVAR

Relative path to the directory that contains map-specific config files. Create this directory inside of your legacy-folder. Allows you to execute a custom config file for each map.
The config file for a map has to be named the same as the map with the extension .cfg, for instance oasis.cfg. You should also create a default.cfg file which will be read before the map-specific config files.

Edited by Bystry

11 minutes ago, Matu said:

@Charlie@bystry i cant see why not change erdenberg.we can do it when map poll is over.same goes for GR.Just need to discuss it in l2 to confirm!

Nice, just remember that it should be the "erdenberg_t1" version ;) 

• Founders

OK so I'm not confused I need to add the command for the speed of the tank to 1 in the default.cfg. Then put 1.5 in the fueldump?

Yes someone voted the comp cfg on the server now it seems to be stuck on these spawn  time even thought the server has been restarted.  We are not sure where it is taking this from.

20 minutes ago, MiniMuppet said:

OK so I'm not confused I need to add the command for the speed of the tank to 1 in the default.cfg. Then put 1.5 in the fueldump?

Yes someone voted the comp cfg on the server now it seems to be stuck on these spawn  time even thought the server has been restarted.  We are not sure where it is taking this from.

Yes, exactly, set g_moverScale "1" in default.cfg and set g_moverScale "1.5" in fueldump.cfg

@MiniMuppet A guess how to fix these spawn times: via rcon command in the console: 

g_useralliedrespawntime "12"

g_useraxisrespawntime "16"

When next map loads, these should be the spawn times. But as I said, that's just a guess how to fix it.

1 hour ago, Bystry said:

g_useralliedrespawntime "12"

g_useraxisrespawntime "16"

1. I have tried these, without any number and it says is "0" default 

2. I set these timings to "12" and "16"

3. I tried without number and now it says is "12"  default="0"

4. Same map is still going on and stilll 20 and 30 as expected

4. wait till next map

5. . . . . . . . 

6 . . waiting . . . . . 

98 . . . . . . . . . . .

99.  6 minutes waiting till next map, than I will update this topic

No command in Console didnt work, will need Rcon I guess :( 

Edited by Jessica

9 minutes ago, Jessica said:

1. I have tried these, without any number and it says is "0" default 

2. I set these timings to "12" and "16"

3. I tried without number and now it says is "12"  default="0"

4. Same map is still going on and stilll 20 and 30 as expected

4. wait till next map

5. . . . . . . . 

6 . . waiting . . . . . 

98 . . . . . . . . . . .

99.  6 minutes waiting till next map, than I will update this topic

Jessica, you have to know rcon password to do it ;) just typing g_useralliedrespawntime won't do anything, you'll just change things locally for yourself ;)