Map Poll [February]

Map Vote  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What maps would you like to see added to Legacy?

• El Kef
    • Karsiah TE
    • Cortex
    • Operation Resurrection
    • Pantherbase
    • UJE Convoy
    • Sands of Time
    • Raw Castle Final
    • Warbell
    • Marrakech Streets 2 by Night
    • Cathedral
    • V2 Factory
    • None
  2. 2. Which version of Goldrush would you like going forward?

• Goldrush Official
    • Goldrush SW TE
    • Goldrush GA
    • None I hate Goldrush
  3. 3. What maps do you want to remove from Legacy?

• Dingenskirshen
    • Reactor
    • Capuzzo
    • Missile
    • Ice
    • None

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/2020 at 05:00 PM

First one of the year! These are what got suggested to me here on the forums and on the server. To add one map we need to remove one map. I'd like to add 2 and remove 2 but it depends on the votes. Voting is open until the start of February so tell your friends!

Omitted MML Church. They recommend teams of up to 6 which makes it too small for Legacy.

2 versions of Goldrush will be on the server as they are so popular. Which two are up to you. Sigh, why can't people love Minas Tirith like they do Goldrush and make my day :D 

All questions are multiple choice so vote for as many or as few as you like.

Links to maps on Trackbase:

El Kef / Karsiah / Cortex / Operation Resurrection / Pantherbase / UJE Convoy / Sands of Time / Raw Castle Final / Warbell / Marrakech / Cathedral / V2 Factory

Edited by Charlie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister J said:

Probably because a relatively small part of players come here to vote. Why not keep Ice and Dingeskirchen online? Or is there a limited number of maps that can be put on at the same time? 

It is limited. If we want 2 new maps then we need to remove 2.

18 minutes ago, divine_one said:

Charlie has mentioned about replacing maps if  i remember exactly, but i may be wrong.

There's 27 maps in the /etmain directory but it's been so long since I've did maps I don't know if I can add 4 without removing any to hit the 31 limit, or if maps not included in etmain are included in this count too. For example Radar, Fueldump, Railgun and GR .pk3 aren't in etmain but are on the server, so are there actually 31 maps and I'm at the limit or only 27?

Basically I'm playing it safe and removing one to add one, cos Eagle will shout at me if I break the server and I'm due to do that at some point. It's been a while :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MiniMuppet said:

We can on have 31 maps on at 1 time which I don't think we have that many at the minute with out checking.

Just counted them, without the Originals its 27.

//EDIT geez im late again, Charlie beat me and i didnt even notice :banghead:

Oh and Charlie...im certainly sure the 31 Maps are the Limit for Custom Maps...

Edited by Boosted

15 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

I am very confused that people want one of the most played maps removing and some that never get played leaving on.

I might sound stupid but what is that one of most played map? Capuzzo? or .. ? 

18 hours ago, Mister J said:

Probably because a relatively small part of players come here to vote. Why not keep Ice and Dingeskirchen online? Or is there a limited number of maps that can be put on at the same time? 

Dunno whose voting against Dingeskirchen imo is one of the best maps on the server right now. It has only one negative point and thats the cap at first spawn (allies - to hard).

Hope in the future we'll get more kind of these "unknown" maps.

@MiniMuppet

We already tried and i'm not sure if it's possible but we need a script when we have +20 ppl only big maps will show on the votinglist and -20 ppl only the smaller maps will show 

Edited by Dmxj

Dingenkirsch for me is old map. Have played that years and years ago and I like it. Its not too open but also not too claustrophobic. :) Problem is that lazy ones doesnt wanna learn bit more thought - through maps and will critizise it and vote against it :/ 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys for the late reply. I literally put the new maps on a Legacy server that isn't even online by accident and had to dip out for work til now. I'll sort it out this week, I think.

Cathedral, Cortex and Goldrush SW will be added.

Dingenskirshen, Ice and Goldrush Official will be removed.

Cheers everyone for all your input and voting!! :heart: 

8 hours ago, Charlie said:

Sorry guys for the late reply. I literally put the new maps on a Legacy server that isn't even online by accident and had to dip out for work til now. I'll sort it out this week, I think.

Cathedral, Cortex and Goldrush SW will be added.

Dingenskirshen, Ice and Goldrush Official will be removed.

Cheers everyone for all your input and voting!! :heart: 

Missing Dingenskirshen already :aggressive:

• 2 weeks later...

This whole map poll -

But really. Cathedral, Cortex and Goldrush SW are added.

Dingenskirshen, Ice and Goldrush Official have been removed. 75% sure. Any issues lemme know :heart: Does this count as fashionably late or just sucking at being an admin?

Thanks for having cortex! We just played it as it got voted very much. Now is it possible to just enable dubble jump for this map only? CFG wise. This map will be more enjoyable when double jump is on. Otherwise it's pretty hard actually,